Saturday, May 3, 2014

Blogin, Blogin, Blogin!

Here we go again!  I know that I need to keep up with this but somehow, I seem to get behind.  I had something happen this morning while working on a project, so I thought I would share my experience with you.  And maybe, just maybe, I will get back into the habit on meeting you here on my blog more frequently.

As I was working on this quilt...
I experienced all kinds of problems with fusing down the pieces of the giraffe.  So I learned some lessons and here is my helpful tip for today...

Just a word of caution!  When using Heat ‘n Bond, Wonder Under or any type of fusible web – FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!  We have experienced problems ourselves by failing to read the directions.  They all work perfectly for their intended purposes WHEN YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.  Ask me how I know!  I found out the hard way this morning and I am passing this information on to you so that you do not have to experience that same frustration.  If you have any questions, please contact us.  I know that many times you do not save the directions and you have fusible that you have no clue how to use.  Here are some organizing hints.

1.      When purchasing the fusible, keep the label/wrapper so that you know which type it is.
2.      Label a zip-lock type bag for each type and weight of fusible.  Use a Sharpie Marker to label the bag.  Keep a set of instructions for each type in the bag that is specific for that weight and brand.  (I would put the instructions in a page protector cut down to convenient size and keep that in the bag.)
3.      Return scraps that you have left over to the proper bag.  You never know when a small piece of fusible will be just the right size.
4.      Use a hole punch to punch a hole in the corner of the bag.
5.      Arrange the bags on a key ring to keep them organized and handy.


This same type of organization will work well for interfacings.

A little work now will keep you organized and make your life in the sewing room so much easier!

Until next time...and I hope that is soon, remember to make time for the things that you enjoy!

Donelle

No comments: